I promise, I will stop bragging about my outstanding weekend after this post! Plus I have more Online Dating Messages waiting to be posted and answered.
Anyhow, continuing from the things I learned from the very seasoned blogger, Janetha, today I’ll recap the things I learned from my other blogger BFF, Deb.
I’m beyond blessed that Deb lives within fifteen minuets
sans LA traffic from me. Ever since my dad got ill, she’s been beyond a friend and truly a family member as I have so few. I can go on and on about what a wonderful gift Deb (and her cats and husband) have been in my life, but this is about this past weekend. And here is what she taught me:
- My Daily Plate: Not that I need a computer program to calculate calories since I’ve been a somewhat depressing pro at that, but she showed me how to log in recipes which is actually beyond helpful since Paris Hilton is better at math than me.
- Put YOUR Oxygen Mask First! Deb has been through the ringer. And now that I feel like I’m about to enter it with my dad being very sick, Deb has taught me that I really need to take care of myself in order to take care of my dad properly. I can’t sit around and whine that my life sucks. Ok, maybe I can. But I need to help myself before I help others. This also applies to all-you-can-eat-buffets!
- Work Out With What’s Around You: I’m terrible in that I like routine and familiarity. Hence I rarely switch up my workouts. I dabble between yoga, running, and the occasional weight lift. Deb got me a jump rope. Deb got me to actually USE it when I was made fun of in 2nd grade for being the worst jump roper EVER! Deb always finds opportunities to change her workout. Weather its using bleachers or stairs or trying ViPR with me, she is an equal opportunity worker outer! Yes, that is a word!
- Crack Maks (aka, Ak Maks) are the new black: Not that deb introduced me to these “crack”ers, but she reminded me just how much I love them.
- MOIST Can Be A Good Thing! Well, at least in these.
- When In Doubt, Blame The Cat: that’s self explanatory.
So how have your friends changed the way you do things? I know I used to snub smoothie, and now, I’m totally itching for a better blender…