No vomitorium, but I felt nauseous and weak. I woke up thinking I was better only to find myself back in bed within half an hour of finishing my breakfast, in chills and sweats.
Anyhow, I’m gonna stick with the story that I simply miss my friends that I spent my weekend with.
So back to recapping our weekend, I thought I might share with all of you some valuable lessons I learned from these two lovely ladies. As I was writing this, I realized there was so much. So I divided the post into two and I will post what I learned from Deb tomorrow. But today, its all about what I learned from…..
- Windows Live Writer. Sure, I have a MacBook at home, but I’m totally stealing my dad’s PS to write blog posts from now on. I know what you veteran blog writers are thinking…”Have you been living under a rock, Eden?”. Yes. Yes, I totally have.
- Insanity is INSANE! you don’t need fancy equipment or even a yoga mat to get a good workout. You don’t even need an our of your time. You need some INSANITY dvds and a motivating friend to kick you butt a little.
- Be Greateful I Have A Trader Joe’s! I will never take the three Trader Joe’s within two miles of my apartment for granted. EVER!
- I’m not the only one that thinks too much protein powder is kind of ridiculous. Nuff said.
- Apparently, I’m also not the only one who’s “Barbra’s Bitch”. I have yet to try a cereal from this company that I dont like. And when we saw an aisle full of just “Barbra’s Bakery” cereals, Janetha confessed that her husband is addicted too. I didn’t buy any though cause she has yet to see my hoarding collection at home.
- Your real friends aren’t necessarily the ones that are physically there with you everyday. This was only the second time I’ve “met” Janetha. Deb even said to me “You and I only met Janetha once before! Could you imagine if she was a total creeper?!”. Well, Deb and I agreed that we got beyond lucky that Janetha turned out to be an incredible, kind, intelligent, and beautiful woman. I spent some time with her at the foodbuzz festival (which lasted three days so I guess technically its the fourth..), but it seemed like Iknew her for years. I felt comfortable being honest with her, more so than many therapists and hairdressers I’ve had (which believe me, says a lot!).
More from the lessons Deb taught me, and maybe even some from her cats. Trust me stay tuned for those.
What are some lessons your friends have taught you? It can be as invaluable or valuable as you like. One of my friends taught me how to break a parking meter which I’m ever so greatful for! But it wasn’t Janetha. She’s nobel like that.