Its so funny how most of my life has been all about losing.
Losing weight, slowly losing my dad at the moment, losing my mom, losing my health, losing my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
You’d think I’m an all star loser by now.
But this weekend, I’ve gained. Boy have I gained. I’ll give you a rundown of all I’ve gained:
- A Tan. I am proud to say I gained without having to lie in a glowing tube of UV rays and without looking like some creature that resembles a love child of Snooki and an Oompa Loompa.
- zzzzzzzzzz. I admit that my sleep has not been of high quality lately. Think of it as the chain restaurant of sleep. It got the job done but it was pathetic. Being removed from the stresses from home and my dad’s illness was just what I needed to really, truly just zonk out. And the fact that I could do it in the sun was an added perk.
- Kitty Fur. A certain cheeky, glamazon and her sister stayed with us too. Hence I happily gained gray kitty fur all over my clothes.
- Knowledge of the “MOIST” Microwave Smoothie Girl Muffin: well, now I know how moist and delicious it really is and how all those people suggesting substitutes need to stick to the original. (PS, there is an unwritten rule that bloggers can’t copyright recipes, but more on that in a future post)
- Grapefruit. Just a “shitton” of grapefruit
- Some Unapologetic Confidence. When you feel as loved as I did this weekend, you realize these people must love you for a reason. And they remind me I should never apologize for being me. Even if I’m obnoxious and slutty. I hope…
- Sisters: Since someone asked if Deb and I were sisters (and if you tell us otherwise, we’ll cut you). And since Momma B is adopting me, that makes Janetha my sis too.