I spent Mother’s Day with my father since he’s the closest I have to a mom. Besides all those bloggers that claimed you want to adopt me. Adoption is still open, by the way…
Anyhow, my dad’s chemo and radiation treatments knock him out, so instead we watched the overly liberal Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO. For those unfamiliar with the show, at the end, he announces a new set of rules for the week. I thought I might steal his idea and do the same every week.
So here are my new rules for this week:
New Rule: Its Totally Appropriate to Settle Anything with Rock, Paper, Scissors
Because its cheap and actually faster than googling.
New Rule: Don’t Listen To What it Says On the Qtip Box!
Not to gross you out and make you want to vomit your last meal, but I’m a big supporter of getting deep in side that ear canal. You know, where the box tells you it doesn’t belong. Heres why:
1) It’s like an amazing, satisfying inner-ear massage.
2) The more dark, waxy, and disgusting the Q-Tip is when you’re done, the more satisfying it is, am I right? Because then on top of the inner-ear massage you get a killer “Whoa, that just came out of me…” high, too. For those keeping track at home, that’s two highs for the price of one. Not a bad deal! (I get the same high from those nose blackhead strips)
New Rule: People On Twitter, Should Not Litter
For the love of Google, its SO annoying when you send out 20 tweets in a row! Do you really think I’ll click on any of those links? It just clutters my twitter feed and reconfirms my decision of only following under 40 people at all times. #twitterADD
New Rule: People Need To Start Obeying Proper Escalator Etiquette
Simple: Stand on the right, walk on the left!
New Rule: Mothers Day Should Not Only Be About Moms
Moms are great and I’m thankful I even knew my mom, but as Carbzilla reminded, there are people that dont have moms or have had abusive or neglectful moms. Cue Octomom….
What are your New Rules of the Week?
And today I have a recipe I sorta made up last week for the kids in the family I work for. It was my attempt of using up sweet potatoes and trying to re-creat those goldfish crackers.
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 5 tbs cold butter, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or parmesan or white cheddar
- 1 cup flour (plus extra for if it get’s too wet and for rolling)
- 1 tsp salt