If you are an avid reader of blogs or a blogger yourself, you often feel like the people who you’e never actually met are friends. Perhaps even more than friends, as I’ve exemplified in this post.
And I bet some of you are wondering what on earth do bloggers do when they actually meet. Do they exchange oatmeal making tips, do they run marathons together, prepare “amaze-balls”, or talk about the best way to increase traffic.
Nope. Well, at least not my “blog-turned-real-life-freinds”.
Take today for example. I hung out with my “blogger-friend-turned-real-life-friend”(aka, Deb) and Mr. Smoothie Girl (aka, her husband).
We did not:
- talk about oats in a jar
- exchange “green monster” recipes
- run a marathon
- talk about our children (as we both have none, well, none that are human)
- take lots of food pictures
Since I am a good friend, I will not disclose EVERYTHING discussed. I don’t see a therapist anymore so my friends end up hearing all the baggage I’m carrying. However, we DID talk about:
- Other bloggers. Its hard not too. Don’t think we’re bitches that just poke fun at everyone else. We often say how much we love “so and so” and how creative “so and so” is.
- Big Macs: Oddly enough, we talked a lot about Big Macs and McDonalds in general. I know, you’d think foodies like us should know better. I dont care what any of you vegans/gourmands/fruitarians think. Lets face it, we think fast food is equivalent to pornography, nutritionally speaking.
- How “ghetto” we are: And if anyone out there thinks this is totally politically incorrect you are probably right! But we like to make fun at things we do that seem “ghetto”. It’s what we do to humble ourselves.
- “Hormone Free Birth Control”: Mainly talking about our aversion to annoying children
- Politics: Yea, we gossiped about certain politicians who think we need to oust Gaddafi out of “Labia”. (bonus points if you guess the politician).
What do you gab about with your friends? Do you think it would be different with your “blog” friends”