You may remember yesterday’s post on my reflections on the food trends amidst the blogosphere in 2010.
Today, I thought I’d indulge you with some of my favorite quotes of the year:
1) “I thought it was gum.” — Paris Hilton, denying responsibility for packet of cocaine Las Vegas police found in her bag.
2) “I don’t smoke, I hardly drink, I’m a nice girl, I’m a good mum. I’m not having wild sex parties with strangers, so part of me feels entitled to have some trifle.” — British TV presenter, Vanessa Feltz, explains why she is 260 lbs.
3) “This is a big fucking deal.” — US vice-president Joe Biden to Barack Obama at signing into law of the historic US healthcare program. Don’t ask me why, but this makes me feel safer about the future healthcare.
4) Eden is a French macaron—and not just because she’s got amazingly exquisite features. The girl is one smart cookie. She’s so special that she’s extremely finicky to make and freaking expensive, but so worth every effort and time.– The witty, wise, and wonderful Sophia from burp and slurp. Hear that? This frugal jew is “expensive”.
5) ”I was also going to give a graduation speech in Arizona this weekend. But with my accent, I was afraid they would try to deport me.” — Soon to be ex-California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
6) “So, food will always be a weird thing, but those with food ‘issues’ aren’t weird. In fact, I think we’re rather great, don’t you?”– The AB-solutly fabulous Abby. And yes, we are rather great (and weird 😉 )
7) “Can we go back to using Facebook for what it was originally for – looking up exes to see how fat they got?”– Tweet from Bill Maher
8) “Dating you is like dating a stair-master”–Erica Albright to Mark Zuckerberg from the movie, “The Social Network”.
9) “Few children of famous people succeed. Most of them are little shits.” — Jamie Oliver, TV chef and celebrity childcare guru.
10) “I don’t believe you can ever really cook unless you love eating.” — Nigella Lawson
Got any “best of 2010” quotes of your own?