My life is kind of not all sunshine and rainbows right now.
Not that I remember it ever was, but it was somewhat better. I don’t like mentioning how hard this past month has been for me with my dad’s health because I’m beginning to think I’m sounding like a complainer when I should be thankful I at least have a dad at the moment.
But regardless, what really ISN’T happening now that was say, last week, is indeed….sunshine!
I saw that CNN was begining to show coverage over the heavy rain in California. And when a national news program starts to show that, I know this is serious. I mean, lets face it, local stations pretty much cover petty theft and stupid car chases with weather girls sporting too much lipstick.
Anyhow, rain is good and all, but I’m sick of it already! I’m beginning to forget what sunshine looks like. I know, I know! I live in LA where its 72 and sunny all year round so I’m a spoiled little weather brat.
But this is my blog and I can rant about the weather if I so please! And since my day’s have been spent in doctors’ offices and pharmacies for my dad, this is the only brillant material I came up with.
Without further ado…..here are some reasons I’m totally not digging this rain:
10) No beach walks, no outdoor malls, basically, any physical activity outdoors become miserable. I know its only water and I’m not the wicked which of the west, but its still effin annoying.
9) kind of piggy-backing on #10, it messes with my hair. Not that I have a perfect coif, but it turns semi decent hair into looking like a dirty, highlighted mop.
8) People drive terribly. In LA especially, where when it rains, people have a nervous breakdown, I find there are so many accidents once rain hits. Roads are slippery, tires are wet, and like always, airheads still need to get to places.
7) It makes dogs smelly. My roommate and I often dog-sit for her bosses dog. Shes the cutest thing in the world but she gets so smelly when shes out in the rain. My childhood dog was not immune either. I don’t need or want a scientific explanation as to why this happens, but I just wish it didn’t.
6) Everyone is late. I’m a little anal about being on “time”. There, I said it. I hate it when classes start late and especially, end late. I hate waking up late, even if I have no where to be. The rain seems to slow everyone down. Its like another obstacle we have to go through on top of the ones we already have. I swear, we should get like an extra hour tacked on to our days when it rains.
5) Making out in the rain might work on Dawson’s Creek or romantic comedies. But not so much in real life, and witnessing it in real life is even more nauseating.
4) Umbrella crashes. Walk in a busy area and everyone has a giant sephre around them that you arr bound to bump into. And sometimes, it gets windy and does that whole upside down thing that leaves you wet and embarrasses. Plus, I find that even under an umbrella, I end up looking like I just got out of the pool.
3) I’m short, so all my pant cuffs drag and end up drenched. I know, I should tuck them in my boots, but they even get wet IN my boots!
2) I think that rain is really mother nature crying over a break up or something trivial.
1) It makes emo kids happy, which I guess kind of defeats the whole purpose of being emo….
Care to share your own weather rants? Please, dont diss the sun right now though, I’m afraid its pissed alread and hence not showing his sunny face.