What do I want for Christmas? Normally, I don’t ask for anything. I’m jew, so I figure Santa skips my chimney. But in an effort to cheer myself up since I’ve been very down lately, I figured I’d go whole hog and ask Santa Claus for everything under the sun.
It’s just a list, and I know he’s not going to give me everything I want anyway.
1. World peace.
2. For anyone who doesn’t believe in world peace to be shot in the head.
3. For all the little children in the world to not bother me
4. Money. Lots and lots of money.
5. Power. Over everyone.
6. A puppy.
7. A new car, like a prius so I dont have to stop for gas and people will think I care about the environment
8. World peace. No, seriously.
9. Lots of free avocado
10. I mean lots.
11. Men that are good looking, humble, funny, and smart, and happen to be available
12. The ability to write 10,000 words an hour.
13. Lady GaGa’s meat dress.
14. In size 5X.
15. With a bottle of steak sauce.
16. To become a vegetarian.
17. But only after I’ve finished with Lady GaGa’s dress.
18. A new computer.
19. Oh, what the heck, make it an Ipad
20. Truffles (it just sounds expensive)
21. A flute. Why not?
23. But just for me. Everyone else can go hang.
24. The ability to travel to any point in time which I choose.
25. I’ll start with yesterday.
26. A little ignorance towards “nutrition”
27. Larry David as my tharpist
28. Full control over Santa’s Naughty and Nice list.
29. A bigger kitchen
30. A maid to clean the kitchen.
32. Fewer scumbags.
33. Fewer litter bugs.
34. Heck, NO scumbags and litterbugs!
35. Never to have to wait in line for anything ever again.
36. For everyone to stop arguing about religion and politics all the time.
37. Because I’m always right and everyone else is always wrong.
38. Silly putty (just cause its so much fun)
39. Good health for me and all those I love
40. Especially my dad during this time
41. A car that cleans itself.
42. Gelato, by the truckloads
43. With none of it going to my thighs
44. More hours of sleep.
45. To bring back the Walkman. Just because. Ipods look like something you’d get out of a Cracker Jack box..
46. More mail
47. Less texts and twitter updates (admit it, its a procrastination bomb)
48. To meet the bloggers I love
49. And hell, even the ones I dont
50. Over gelato
What do YOU want?
Today was the last day of the semester for my desserts class. The kids go on break next week so I decided to be “festive” and indulge them with a super easy and cheap donut recipe:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons milk (or as needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans large buttermilk biscuits
- Food coloring (optional, very optional)
- oil for frying (or bake them, if your scared of fat)
For iceing: In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk and set aside.
Fill the skillet with about 1/4 inch of oil, or about two cups. Turn your burner on medium heat and let the oil heat up. Remove the biscuit roll and separate them into individual biscuits. With the thimble (or a bottle cap) cut through the center of the biscuit leaving a hole and removing the center.
Remove the dough from your cutter and set aside. Continue this until all biscuits have a hole in the center and you have one dough ball for each center. Drop the biscuits one by one in the hot oil. They will float so make sure they do not stick together. As one side gets golden brown, turn them over so the other side will brown. When they are completely brown, remove them immediately from the oil and place them on a paper towel. Dunk in icing and give kripsy kreme a run for their money.