Hello readers and hopefully, new reader friends I made at the festival!
I decided to play around with stuff that went on at the foodbuzz festival and do a “Hot or Not” thingermabob (yes, thank you English majors, I am well aware that it is not a word, suck it).
So here is what I thought was HOT:
1) Beer. Although I actually cant drink (yep, I have a disfunctional liver, every fraterinty boy’s nightmare), beer was EVERYWHERE! I’m sure Andy will have plenty of material for his “Beer Monday” segments for at least a year. Janetha has a hilarious picture of Holly watering her with the free golden brew. It was everywhere and in every flavor (from honey basil to vanilla bean!).
2) In San Fran, I suppose lost dog signs are HOT and used as creative outlets of expression:
3) Hotel beds and pillows are awesome:
4) 1 dollar pickles from the San Fran farmers market, always HOT:
5) Crossing legs like a lady while listening to a photography session and sporting super cute boots: (incase you are wondering, mama pea’s are on the right, mine on the left)
And here was what was NOT:
1) Cash bar at brunch: why would I spend 10 bucks on mimosas and bloody marry’s when we were given truck loads of wine and beer for free for the past two days????
2) “Tofu” scallops served as the vegetarian option at the gala dinner. They gave me one by accident and I did not like it. Vegetarians out there that got it, was it bad or am I completely insane?!
3) the “scavenger hunt” at the gala: You had to get a group of 8-10 people to go to a bunch of different bars in San Fran, order and round, and do jumping jacks and other lame things. Then you had to blog about it and maybe you would win 500 bucks. I dont think one could do this and live to blog about it anyhow let alone win the money.
4) Finding this on your brutal walk uphill:
Today in my elementary school desserts class, I really thought of something at the very last minute. I bought a bunch of granny smiths because they were insalnely cheap! 39 cents a pound! So heres what you will need for the parfait:
-1 chopped up apple
-about 1/2 cup rolled oats
-1 tbs or so of honey or agave
-greek yogurt (although I used plain with the kids because it would be super expensive to get enough for the whole class)
-about 1/3 cup water
-chocolate covered and candy coated sunflower seeds
apples, yogurt, oatmeal mixture, apples yogurt, sunflower seeds.
Do it anyway you like but I promise kids will eat this up!