Do you know what day it is???? Its Taquito Tuesday! Well, according to the 7-11 downstairs from my apartment it is. Needless to say I did not splurge on a 79cent taquito. But the nice Indian guy that works there was try to push me to get one. Tempting, really. Nope, I got a pepsi zero (yes, its a “diet soda” and I’m awful for drinking it, but its my guilty please, go suck it if you have a problem). I needed the caffine. And beleieve it or not, ladies and gentleman I had that pancake from yesterday again. I must say there were very good, possibly better than my flax pancakes, I’m afraid I’ll get hooked to this protein powder. Funny I actually have no intention of making a shake out of it….No, I just want pancakes!
Anyhow, I was about to go visit my sister who live about 45 min away and maybe 2 hrs away with traffic. So I decided to bring a cool new snack. I like almonds, and I’ve been meaning to do something to the plain old ones I always get. Not to say that almonds need some jazzing up. I pretty much like the almondy taste of almonds. Funny how simple and natural taste good on it own. But alas I’m into breaking out of ruts so I decided to spice them up. Instead of sweet, I busted out the curry and cumin to give these almonds an Indian accent (not to be polititcally incorrect, I was inspired by that friendly 711 dude). I actually love Indian food, Tandorri chicken, tikka, masala, korma, naan, I love it all. I love how “spiceful” it is! How you really dont need salt for anything. So this is what I did:
Preheated oven to 350
Sprayed whole unsalted almond with canola oil spray (I do want to get my hands on some coconut oil spray though….o well, next time when I’m at whole paycheck, I mean Whole Foods)
sprinkled curry powder, cumin, salt, and garlic powder. Mixed them up and let them get hot n heavy in the oven for 10-15 min (nuts toast up real fast, watch out!)
Tastes like portable curry.
I told my sister I got a flat tire, I just didnt want to be in traffic, it was already 3:30pm and gloomy; its not like I had a great reason, I just didn’t feel like it. So looks like I’ll be seeing her on thursday, when my tire is “fixed”. Have you ever told a fib to get out of something simply because you just didnt want to go?
On another note, I stopped by the market and look what I saw:
Seriously? I think Ed Hardy wearing guys often tend to be “douches”. My roommate and I made a list not to long ago of hallmarks of “douche bags” and sporting anything Ed Hardy was one of them. Like these guys need extra energy? anyhow, here is the list:
1) Your mood music is John Mayer
2) The only time you call a girl back after a thrid date is to ask if she’s pregnant
3)You go to yoga to get numbers
4) You lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with the newspaper and leave the seat up when your done
5) When a girl asks you if she looks fat in a dress you smirk and say “ehe”
6) You wear ed hardy, and your white…..and straight
7)You drive a hummer and your not in the military…..so why the heck do you need a hummer??? oh yea cause your a douchebag
8) Lets put it this way, if it weren’t for you, AXE body spray would go bankrupt
9) you buy magnum condoms to prove a point, not cause you need them
10) you talk about yourself in the third person
11) You sport sunglasses at night; celebrities do that and your only claim is being a douchebag
12) You use more hair product than your girlfriend
13)You back in to a parking spot cause you need to prove your masculinity
14) You probably think this post is about you