Wow, my last post was popular. But to be politically correct, it wasn’t really mine. But I’m glad many of you enjoyed it and none of you said something mean in response. I feel that my pathetic guest post didn’t stand up to the abby’s swap. But reading your comments certainly made my weekend! I love it when other people get discussions going
I was going to write something pertaining to the Oscars today. I was thinking of writing up an acceptance speech I would use should I ever win (yea, for like best craft service!). I was considering giving out “blog awards” but I realize thats silly because a) why compare blogs? and b) I honestly have not had much time to read very many….
Instead, I realized I learned a few things. So I’ll briefly tell you about them:
1) Watching the Oscar Pre-Show is painful: um…..no one looks like crap! Lame!
2) Don’t Follow James Franco on Twitter: Like my blog reading, I only “follow” a few people. Actually, only 20 and it will always be like that. I “un-follow ” people when there is someone new I want to follow. My cut off is twenty. Otherwise, it gets stressful. But I digress….I started following James last week when he JUST got a twitter account. He only had like one tweet (PS, I hate that term, “tweet”….gag!). I’ve had a crush on James ever since he was on that show “Freaks and Geeks”. Since every other celebrity has over a million followers, at the time, he only had like 100,000 so I figured…why not? Turns out, on EVERYONE ON THE PLANET retweets whatever James Franco tweets on Oscar night!!! My twitter timeline exploded. Plus, we posts some strange ass photos of the pee in his toilet. Gross.
3) The New Oscar Envelopes Suck: I heard on NPR that this year, the envelops this year were serious business. They got pimped out! They custom-designed the envelopes to be handcrafted from a high-gloss, iridescent metallic gold paper stock, with a red-lacquered lining featuring the Oscar statuette hand-stamped in satin gold leaf! Snazzy, but when the presenters tried to open them, they seemed to be stuck in there. Next year, I think we should use manilla envelopes.
4) A Million Dollars Isn’t Cool: Apparently, a billion dollars is. (Not really learned from the Oscar, but learned from Oscar favorite, The Social Network.
5) Anne Hathaway’s Orthodontist Should Win Something! And as annoying as she might seem, there is something human about her that makes me feel she’s genuinely down to earth and un-diva. She’s ok in my book.
6) Too Much Facial Hair Can Be Skevy! Case in point: Christian Bale looked like he was ready to slay Grendel!
7) Gwyneth needs an Ensure: maybe thirty!
8) Don’t Do Yoga on Oscar Sunday: My dad’s friend from out of town came to visit him and went to a yoga studio not too far away from the Oscars. He borrowed my dad’s car and after his zen yoga experience, found the car gone! Yep, not stolen, but towed by the Oscar nazis. Namaste my ass.
What have you learned this weekend? Favorite Oscar moment? I liked Kirk Douglas’ bit hitting on Anne Hathaway.
And its feel like forever since I’ve posted a recipe! So hears a coconut sugar cookie recipe to hold you over:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (or use a cup if your omitting the flour to make it gluten free)
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter until soft, then add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add in egg, and then add vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients into a soft dough. Roll into about 1 1/2 inch balls and flatten slightly in a bowl filled with the sprinkles so they stick.
- Place dough slices onto baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are golden. Cool completely and enjoy the sugar rush.